Saturday, December 26, 2015

Twelve Books of Christmas - Week 3


Week 3.5 Progress

I've been so busy with finals, I didn't have time to read much (or blog much) until now. But break has started, and now I'm back on track! Here's my progress. My reading was mostly contemporaries, but next week should be mostly fantasy.


Completed
4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Symbolic and poetic wrapped in one book. Also with a dosage of suspense and mystery. One of those coming-of-age books where the teenagers think they know everything, but they clearly don't, and they grow from the repercussions. Beautifully written.

5. Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
 It was a cutesy parting-of-ways tale. A bit overdone, but I liked how it ended.

6. Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
Another beautiful book by Claudia Gray. And that plot twist (or multiple plot twists) - I did not see them coming. It's hard to tell who is right and who is wrong, who is good and who is bad in this one. If only I could read the third book...

7. This Raging Light by Estelle Laure 
I just finished this today! Expect the review soon.

In Progress

Black Mage: Apprentice by Rachel Carter
Rachel Carter herself sent me a copy of Apprentice, and I'm so grateful. First Year was an addictive, fast paced read (with an arrogant prince!), and I'm hoping to devour the sequel as well. 

Next To Read

Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn




2 comments:

  1. So many incredible books, happy reading! I hope to read Firsts & Ten Thousand Skies Above You next year - they look great :)
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete