Monday, July 18, 2016

Book Tag - Greek Mythology Tag


I was tagged by Nicka @ ReadbyNicka ! This was fun to do, and hard to find books for some of the categories. But here we go!



(Zeus) Jupiter - God of the Sky and Thunder / King of the Gods
Favorite book (Choose your own category!)

Kamikaze Girls by Novala Takemoto by far is my favorite book of all time, and I did read it this year, so also of this year. The true meanings of friendship are defined in this book, and it's full of laughs and Momoko's cynicism.



Hera (Juno) - Goddess of Marriage and Family
Cutest book couple 

Shahrzad and Khalid from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh were a breathtaking romance. As a critique of romance, this story was full of top-knotch heart-wrenching moments and Khalid is impossible to resist.

Poseidon (Neptune) - God of The Sea and Earthquakes
Book that drowned you in feels

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein had me bawling like a baby. The friendship between Julie and Maddie is unlike anything I've seen before in fiction. And the tradegy that happens... well, all I can say is - Kiss me Hardy! Kiss me quick!  



Athena (Minerva) - Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft, and Strategic Warfare
Series with the best world-building
The Shades of Magic series by Victoria Schwab has great world building, with their be not only one, but three Londons. Red London itself, with its language and its magic make me wish I lived there, too. Stas Reskon! 


Hades (Pluto) - God of the Underworld

Series with a dark/ominous plot

I haven't read many series with a dark/ominous plot, but I suppose The Conqueror's Saga by Kiersten White is pretty dark. As well as violent. History always did have a dark side. 



Aphrodite (Venus) - Goddess of Love and Beauty

Most beautiful cover on a 2016 release

Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova - all the covers for the Air Awakens series (with the artwork done by Merilliza Chan) are gorgeous. I love this one in particular (and the accompanying Aldrik cover) because it shows the intensity and ferocity and tension all about to go down in the final book.


Ares (Mars) - God of War and Bloodshed
Most violet book you've ever read

And I Darken I bring up again because it certainly is a violent book. Lada is ruthless and cunning and will do anything to get what she wants. So there is a lot of blood on her hands, and a lot of warfare. 




Hephaestus (Vulcan) - God of Blacksmiths and Fire
Scorching hot swoon worthy character

Nikolai Lantsov/Sturmhond from The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo killed me. He really does know how to say the right words. He's charming and smart and the perfect prince - and Alina really lucked out, because I prefer him so much more than Mal. 

Artemis (Diana) - Goddess of the Hunt and Virginity
Favorite Kick-ass Heroine

Keladry of Mindelan from Tamora Pierce's Protector of the Small series is an unselfish, giving, fearless knight of the Realm! I love all the strong heroines I read, but Kel in particular stands out. She grows and perseveres from being bullied as the only girl to being known as the Protector of the Small. Gods all bless, Lady Knight!
Phoebus Apollo (Apollo) - God of Light and Healing 
Sequel book that redeemed its series

Unfortunately, I don't think I have a series in mind, since I either a) discontinued a book after the first if I disliked it, b) liked the entire series, or c) didn't read the sequel yet because it isn't out.

Hermes (Mercury) - Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce
Book with the best message

The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone is the story of Maddie and her family as she goes on an adventure of a lifetime, to cover all those "loose ends" before her Gram goes off and dies from assisted suicide. This book teaches you how to appreciate all the small things and to live a life of no regrets, and to tie up all those "loose ends".

Hestia (Vestia) - Goddess of the Hearth and Home
Book with the most relatable story

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky was a book I read in high school, and it's a book I think relates a lot to the struggles of growing up and understanding yourself. It's another one of those timeless stories that you can read over and over, and still relate to Charlie. 



Demeter (Ceres) - Goddess of Fertility and Agriculture
Favorite bookish setting


I love the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling and I'm still wondering where my acceptance letter is. I'm a proud Slytherin through and through.





Dionysius (Bacchus) - God of Wine and Celebration
2016 release you're most anticipating


I've been really into Russian-esque YA lately, so Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter is something I'm really looking forward to reading. Also, Brooklyn born and raised right here.





I TAG:

Alexandra at @ Literary Legionnaire !

And YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment