Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday (13) - Ten Facts About Me

Top Ten Tuesday is a an original feature/ weekly meme that was created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is presented and this week's is: 

Ten Facts About Me 

I've been doing reviews lately, so taking about something not-bookish is a change of pace. You'll get to learn more about me! And that's always more exciting. 


1. In honor of Pokemon Go, my favorite starters have always been water types, with Mudkip coming in first place! Pokemon Ruby was the first Pokemon Game I played, and I got my Mudkip all the way to lvl 100 Swampert. 



2. When it comes to unique role models, I always admired Catherine the Great. I did a report on her in middle school, read a book on her, and have looked up to her ever since. She's fierce and cunning, and never let her weak-willed husband get his way. Instead she overthrew him, revolutionized Russia and St. Petersburg, had the Hermitage become a center of Western art, and basically lived up to her title, the Great. Plus a ton of guys fell in love with her while she was being badass. And, even though she's been dead for centuries, being in the city she resided in and seeing paintings of her was a bucket list completed option.

3. I'm a Slytherin, through and through. I once thought I'd be a Ravenclaw (and at the time, I went to a technical HS, where many of my friends were Ravenclaws), so I had the shirt and scarf and everything. When I took the Pottermore quiz and got Slytherin, I was surprised but it really did fit me more. The cunning. The ambition. The loyalty to our family/friends. Wish I had some Slytherin merch though. 


The newest hair color
4. I haven't had my natural hair color since sophomore year HS, and I don't think I'll be returning to black for many years to come. Black hair always looked boring (on me at least). On the topic of hair, I had a fear of cutting my long hair until I was convinced by a friend to cut it short for healthy hair. I'm much happier with short hair. 

5. I won the Forensic Science award in HS, but I was always falling asleep in that class. Not because it was boring (it was a very fun class), but because I was very much an overachiever (still am), and stayed up late, and came to that class tired. 

6. I got ENFJ on the Myers-Briggs test; several years ago, in HS, I was ENTP. I'd imagine I'm more diplomatic and more open to friendships and being the middle-man. However I'm quite terrible at first impressions and actually approaching people so if you want to be friends please say hello! (I'm not scary or anything)

7. My favorite color is purple. When I was little, my favorite was yellow. But there's a line in one of the Princess Diaries books that stated that Grandmere's love of purple meant that she was suffering from delusions of grandeur, which is something I suppose I'm suffering from, too. 

8. There is never one definitive pronunciation of my name, and this amuses me, greatly. Different friend groups would say my name differently. (In my family I'm always anak or ate) It's been RAY-SAH, RAY-ZAH, RYE-SAH, and for the bold, RAZOR. There are many more out there I'm sure of it. I like the first one the best, but the others are applicable too. 

9. One of the many ironies in my life is that I'm allergic to cats. I love cats and dogs, but unfortunately can't have a pet. I do have a love of Pusheens, and I suppose those are my substitute cats. 

10. I've been to approx. 30 countries, having recently visited the Baltic/Nordic region of Europe and Nicaragua. My favorite country is my home country, the Philippines, but every country I visit has a place in my heart. Nicaragua, especially, has been a lifechanging time with the Global Medical Brigades. Long story short, I desire to visit all these countries numerous times over, and all the rest, because a few days is not enough.



Well, took awhile to think of 10 fascinating facts about myself. Glad to have been able to share with you the person behind all the reviews/rants about terrible romance. 

Is anyone a Slytherin? Anyone like purple? Any fun facts you may have wanted to know but I didn't include? Comment below!


1 comment:

  1. I'd never thought that you're a Filipino. :)
    Hi! I'm Christine.
    #commenting365

    - christine @ tine's reviews

    ReplyDelete